Wednesday, April 14, 2010

aint' that the truth


two poems courtesy of a.r. ammons

"mission" [a.r. ammons]

The wind went over
me
saying
why are you so distressed:

oh I said I
can't seem to make
anything
round enough to last:

but why
the wind
said
should you be so distressed

as if anything here belonged to you
as if anything here were your concern.

"spinejacking" [a.r. ammons]

One of these days I'm gonna leave you, baby:
I know it: I can tell:
my bellyfat shakes & knows:
one of these days I'm gonna just
up & outsy: like that:
my dog knows: he
turns around a lot lately:
I don't know if the parrot knows:
it isn't just lately she started scratching:
you always were a kind of bushy bitch:
one of these days I'm gonna just pack off:
you get to make some new
arrangements, then: you like to change
things around, change this one:
one of these days I'm gonna leave you, baby:
I know it: I can tell:
my bellyfat shakes & knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment